- -The New York Times
visual, its sensual, its full of life, its pure fun
and always shakes you with laughter.
- Montreux/Riviera Switzerland
Unique, outrageous, marvelous - the art of pneumatic vaudeville.
- The Glasgow Herald
- ...a multi-faceted
exercise in pure entertainment...you didnt know whether to laugh,
clap or simply marvel at the brilliance of his inventiveness...a must-see...
- The Star Phoenix, Saskatoon
Ive never heard so many people squeal in delight
all at once!
- Alaska Center for the Performing
...some of the funniest and cleverest exponents of mime,
juggling, acrobatics and inflatables...in theatre today.
- Hong Kong Standard
A wildly entertaining balleto-pneumatic show that melds
art with aerodynamics and leaves the audience howling in its wake.
- The Royal Gazette, Bermuda
- He has the same infectious
comic bravado which made Danny Kaye and Red Skelton such beloved comedians.
- Louis B. Hobson, The Calgary
- There are gasps from
the audience one minute and guffaws the next...as beauty collapses into
slapstick and is resurrected again for another item.
- The Western Australian
- ...last two shows today.
Beg, borrow, steal a ticket, even from your kids.
- Julie Morrice, Scotland on
- Fred Garbo, the Inflatable
vaudevillian", is like the kitten that got at the catnip. From
his first juggling acts to his final boogie as Fred Zepelin,
he filled the Old BNZ with light, happiness and consummate entertainment.
The show is the highlight of the Festival Fringe...
- Chris Moore, The Evening Post,
- Fred Garbo & Co....wowed
- The Washington Times
- The use of color is
inspired - Their wit is memorable. The show is just plain fun for all
- Karen Brown, The Sherwood
Park News, Alberta
- It was stupefying to
see such simple showmanship be so absolutely captivating. Garbo &
Co. inflatables were magic, deftly bouncing between grand silliness
and living sculpture...The way the audience screamed approval...you
would have thought they were seeing the comeback of the Beatles.
- Werner Trieschmann, Spectrum
Weekly, Little Rock, AR
- ...a multi-faceted exercise
in pure entertainment...you didnt know whether to laugh, clap
or simply marvel at the brilliance of their inventiveness...a must-see...
- Cam Fuller, The Star Phoenix,
What Presenters and Audiences are Saying About Fred
Garbo Inflatable Theater Co.
- ...my sincere gratitude
to Fred and Daielma for presenting a really wonderful and entertaining
performance for Scottish adults and children. We have already received
letters from several people saying how much they enjoyed the performance.
I look forward to welcoming Fred and Daielma back to Scotland in the
- Duncan Low, Festival Director,
Scottish Internl Festival
- It was certainly the
best show of our season. It was one of the best since the Playhouse
Series started 15 years ago.
- David Zupancic, Sangre de
Cristo Arts Center,
- The show was outstanding,
and it was enjoyed by...kids and their parents. (No small feat!) I particularly
appreciated that Fred and Daielma spent so much time with the children
after the show, talking and explaining and signing autographs. It made
for lasting memories!
- Susan Pollay, Ann Arbor Summer
Ann Arbor, MI
- The reviews were superlative!
Fred and Daielma - an awe inspiring combination of zany antics and delicate
grace! Daielmas ribbon dance was enchanting and Freds fire
juggling held the audience in total amazement. The inflatable acts are
not only original and hilarious, they show the extraordinary versatility
of these two talented performers. An entertainment masterpiece for anyone
who loves to laugh!
- Marcia White, Director of
Sugarloaf USA, ME
- Audience response to
our questionnaire: Fred Garbo and Company was the #1 performance of
the entire night!
- Sharon Stormer, First Night
- They are a wonderfully
imaginative, creative and mischievous pair and extremely professional
at all times. Daielma is a delightful and exciting counterpoint to Freds
- Carolyn Jones, Kinossoo Performing
Medley, Alberta, Canada
- Together Garbo and Santos
are an awe-inspiring duo combining slapstick and grace into one of the
funniest performances seen by area audiences.
- Rebecca Spainhour, Danville
Register & Bee,
- Our thanks to Fred and
Daielma for being every presenters dream of visiting artists,
and providing one of our most exciting FIREFLY performances ever. Fred
and Daielma are not only talented but professional in every way. The
timing, grace, ingenuity, and comedy of the act were quite a hit, with
young and old alike. The inflatables and their uses are extraordinarily
clever...Other presenters had suggested that we bring Fred Garbo &
Company to the Firefly Festival because they had been such a hit at
their venues. Were very, very happy that we took their advice.
- Carol Weiss Rosenberg, Executive
Director, Firefly Festival,
South Bend, IN
More of What Presenters and Audiences are Saying About
Fred Garbo Inflatable Theater Co.
- Without a doubt, Fred
Garbo and Company provide top quality entertainment in a highly professional
manner. They were a pleasure to work with on and off the stage and certainly
added to the magic of this years Festival. I highly recommend
Fred Garbo Inflatable Theater Company...
- JoAnne James, Producer, Calgary
- Calgary, Alberta
- ...one child gave the
show an 11 our of 10 rating and another said that the show was better
than a trip to Belgium or Disneyland!
- Jackie Pagnucco, Horizon Stage,
- Alberta, Canada
- We were totally delighted,
sold out and the whole thing fulfilled our expectations exactly.
- Kay Mengers, Bucks County
- Newtown, PA
- Six to seven hundred
people sat in the pouring rain to see the performance and they called
- Phil Walz, Central PA Festival
of the Arts,
- State College, PA
- Freds and Daielmas
performances in Whitehorse were met with rave reviews. I spoke to our
sponsor about the performance and he was delighted with it - he has
had many people thank him for sponsoring the concert. What a plus for
- Marilyn Adams, Whitehorse
- Whitehorse, Yukon
- As expected, the audience
- Kathy Sears, International
Festival at Wolftrap,
- Vienna, VA
The New Victory, 42nd St.
Cora Cohan, President
Mary Rose, Programming Manager
Janice Chaikelson, Dir. of Marketing
212-564-4222 x 218 March 5-15, 1998
13 performances- Sold out
March 18-April 14th, 2002
32 successful performances over the 4 week run
Imperial Theater, New
Peter R. Smith, Director
506-634-8355 fax 506-633-0707
Jan. 27 & 28 1996 - 2 Performances- Sold Out
Victoria Theatre, Dayton,
Mark Light, Ex Director
513-228-7591 x 3048 fax 513-449-5068
Feb. 18 &19 1992 - 4 Performances - Sold Out
Nov. 5 & 6 1994 - 5 Performances - Sold Out
Jan. 3 & 4 1998 - 5 Performances - Sold Out
Jan. 15 & 16 2003 - 5 Performaces - Not Sold Out (Big Snow Storm)
Lincoln Center, Fort
David T. Seaver, Dir. Cultural services
303-221-6735 fax 303-484-0424
Mar. 25 & 26 1992 - 3 Performances - Sold Out
Jan. 19 & 20 1995 - 4 Performances - Sold Out
Feb. 24 & 25 2000 - 4 Performances - Sold Out Again!
Feb. 24 & 25 2005 - 4 Performances
The Kennedy Center, Wash.
Kim Peter Kovak, Dept. Head
202-416-8808 fax 202-416-8802
Sept. 11, 1991 - 2 Performances- Sold Out
April 24, 1993 - 2 Performances- Sold Out
Nov 28-30, 1997 - 6 Performances- Sold Out
- Jerry Lewis Telethon September 6th, 2004
- Rosie O'Donnel Show March 2002
- "Le Plus Grand Cabaret
du Monde" TV show in Paris, France March, 2000
- Yuletide Celebration / Indianapolis
Symphony Orchestra December, '99
- Hong Kong Festivals
82 92 94 96
- Olimpiada Cultural Barcelona
- New Zealand Intl Festival
of the Arts
- Carnival of Venice (Italy)
- Festival DEte de Quebec
- Tours of Taiwan 92 94
- World Expo 88 Brisbane,
- World Expo 86 Vancouver,
- Scottish Intl Festival,
- Irish Intl Festival,
Derry, N. Ireland
- Royal Easter Festival of Champions,
Aukland, New Zealand
- Juste pour rire/Just for Laughs,
Montreal, Canada 94, 97
- International Juggling Festival
- Montreux Switzerland Comedy
- Navel-land, Fukuoka Japan
- Galway Theater Festival 96
- "One More Time"
TV in Chile 96
- Casablanca, Morocco tour 97
- Japan 1998 7 week spring tour
Theaters & Other Venues
- New Victory Theater, 42nd
- Kennedy Center for the Performing
- Guest artist w/ Momix Dance
Co. in Brazil
- Houston Society for Performing
- Alaska Center for Perf. Arts,
- Sheas Buffalo Centre
- Arden Theatre, St. Albert,
- U/CA @ Davis94 96
- Central PA Festival of the
- Lancaster Opera House (NY)
- Tampa Bay Performing Arts
- Centre East (IL)
- Tennessee Performing Arts
- Meadow Brook Music Festival
- Center for Contemp. Arts (MO)91939597
- ArtReach Touring Theatre (OH)
- Acorn Family Productions (IL)9294
- Madison Morgan Cultural Center
- Portland Concert Association
- Arts Jubilee (NH)
- Brooklyn Center of Perf. Arts
- Fairfield University (CT)9398
- SUNY Fredonia (NY)9295
- University of Lowell (MA)9193
- University of Maine, Machias
- Atlantic Union College (MA)
- Birmingham Theatre (AL)
- Ocean City Pops (NJ)
- Ulster Performing Arts Center
- Lilliput Theater (VT)
- City Stages, Birmingham (AL)
- Empire State Perf. Arts Center
- Ann Arbor Summer Festival
- Artpark (NY)
- Ontario Place, Toronto (CANADA)
- Edmonton Folk Festival (CANADA)
- John Drew Theatre of Guild
- Washington Center (WA)9195
- Bucks County Community
- Broadway Center (WA)
- Lincoln Center, Ft. Collins
(CO) 92 95 '99
- Sangre de Cristo Arts Center
- Yukon Arts Center, Whitehorse
- Banff Centre (CANADA)
- Wolftrap 93,94,95